Instructor Terms and Conditions
When you sign up to become an instructor on the Greenesta platform, you agree to abide by these Instructor Terms (“Terms“). As an instructor, you are contracting directly with Greenesta, regardless of whether another Greenesta subsidiary facilitates payments to you.
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
· You will provide and maintain accurate account information;
· Your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
· You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
· You will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
· Post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
· Post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
· Use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
· Engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
· Frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
· Impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
· Interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
· abuse Greenesta resources, including support services.
2. License to Greenesta
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) Greenesta’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Greenesta permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Greenesta’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Greenesta’s Trust & Safety policies, Restricted Topics policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by Greenesta from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Greenesta’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
· A course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
· An instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Greenesta or bring Greenesta into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
· An instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Greenesta’s policies; or
· As determined by Greenesta in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Greenesta platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Greenesta account and courses. Greenesta is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Greenesta platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Greenesta platform. You will indemnify Greenesta against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price (“Base Price“) for your course. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free.
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Greenesta which is fixed periodically. Since this is fixed, those conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the Pricing Matrix at any time.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Greenesta to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Greenesta from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes and our commission rates.
Your revenue share will be 75% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal or Payoneer account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 30 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
As an instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by an Indian Company. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
· only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Greenesta courses or your participation on Greenesta; and
· immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
· use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
· use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
· use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
6. Deleting Your Account
We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via email@example.com.
7. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
7.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Greenesta reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
7.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
8. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our support. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.